As of the 27th of june, Gielinor has another boss mob to face: Telos, the warden.
This boss is unique in almost all of its attacks and special mechanics. Let’s cover the basics first.
– Telos starts at 0% and is his enrage is uncapped; therefore being the hardest boss in game.
– Telos has 4 phases from 0-99% enrage, and gains a p5 at 100%
– Telos has 3 special attacks that he can use in every phase, every single phase as one or multiple phase specific specials
– Telos drop mechanic is different; you can chain your loots for better loot, guaranteed better drops at higher enrage, and his enrage resets at every successful loot or when you meet your maker.
– Telos CAN NOT be walked
– Telos rage increase is RANDOM by 5-25% per kill. You can reset rage or set to hardest you’ve unlocked.
Let’s begin by describing his basic attacks:
– Melee attack: Attacks with his blade arm (Charges special bar)
– Mage attack: Small green ball from his head
– Enhanced mage: Fireball. Uses this attack when his special bar is full. Doing magic attacks reduces this.
Then there are also his non-phase specific specials:
– Uppercut: He will hold his attacks and then charge you. This can be dodged by surging to the left or the right. Surging into him will still make him deal a fair amount of damage to you.
– Jump stun: Telos will say ‘hold still, invader’ and stun you before jumping up to deal you for a huge hit. Can be dodged by using freedom and walking/surging away.
– Tendril stun: Telos will say ‘return to the ground’ and snares you in tendrils. This will damage you every tick and heals telos for 1500 hp per tick, as well as draining adrenaline every tick. Deal damage to end his grip (3000 at low enrage, more when higher). Can not be dodged in any other way.
Telos’ jump and uppercut specials CAN be blocked with resonance.
Now for his phase specific specials:
– Yellow beam: Increased adrenaline gain, increased prayer drain
– Black beam: Decreases damage done and damage taken.
– Red beam: Increases damage done and damage taken.
– Minions: Make sure the minions are down as soon as possible as they increase telos’ defence or decrease your hitchance by a VERY significant amount. Minions spawn at 75k, 50k and 25k respectively and will continue to regain consciousness after a few seconds of getting knocked out.
– Shockwaves: As long as the minions are killed as soon as possible you wont have to deal with these. Whenever the minions are alive they increase the bar on top of the screen. When it reaches the red, telos will send out shockwaves.
– Anima bomb: Deals MASSIVE damage when not charging an anima font
– Anima drain: Cleanse yourself at an anima font as soon as possible to stop it from dealing loads of damage (just walk to a font)
– Minions: Kill these minions asap.
Overall rundown of the boss:
– Dps telos down as quick as possible. Keep him away from the beams by blocking them or walking telos out of them.
– Dps telos down as quick as possible. Keep him away from the beams by blocking them or walking telos out of them. Beams charge his adren bar; the higher his adren bar the more damage he does to you.
– Dps telos down as quick as possible. Take the minions down as quick as possible. Minions spawn at 75, 50 and 25k. Keep him away from the red beams.
– Stand in the pure anima font until he spawns his minions, target the minions and get back on telos. After telos used his anima bomb attack and it hit you, move to the vulcanic anima font and repeat the same thing. Move to the corrupted anima font after that and repeat.
– Dreadnips poison, stall and stun him.
– Dominion gloves stall him slightly as well.
-Try to shield swap and reso to minimise your food intake
– The full fight should be easily soulsplittable on low enrage.
– Telos drains your renewal timer and possibly your ovl timer as well. Seems to have an increased prayer drain rate.