Press “L” to toggle lock/unlock interface in order to drag, resize and re-arrange your UI. Gameplay – make yourself familiar here. A lot of useful settings here. Worth mentioning are area looting & the different skilling options. Interface Settings – toggle slim headers, XP pop-ups, show reset timers and make X progress to mention a few. Controls – customise keyboard and mouse sensitivity, keybinds and toggle camera type. Graphics Settings – graphic settings. Audio Settings – audio settings. Combat Settings – select combat mode and which stats to recieve XP in for the combat styles.
Slim headers – what do we need large headers for? Gameplay settings – take a few and make yourself familiar here. Many useful QoL settings. Lock interface when not editing.
How to create a customized UI
1. Start out by resetting your current UI by going to the main menu (ESC) then go to “Quick Load Layout” and select “Retro”.
2. Resize the game window so it is exactly as you would like it. Personally I have my game window occupying 70% of my screen. Ignore this if you play on fullscreen.
3. Main menu then “Edit Mode” then “3D World Editing”. Resize your “Game View” to something like this. (we will get back to this later).
4. Now open everything you want accessible at all times while playing RuneScape. It will look messy at first don’t worry – we will make this look good.
5. Play around with the placement and sizes of your interfaces boxes. This may take some time and you may have to change the “Game View” several times.
6. Main menu then “Edit Mode” then “Gameplay HUDs Editing”. Change the placement and sizes of the different HUDs.
7. Congratulations with your new interface!
Tips & Tricks
If your gameplay is stuttering go to “Controls” then check that your camera type is set to RS3.